Pages

background

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Small Moments

Today Austin and I met some friends at the beach. It was one of those perfect beach days. A little overcast with a good breeze making it not too hot. It was low tide and there wasn't a drop off so Austin could play in the water without me having to hold on to him the whole time. I had an actual conversation with another adult unlike when I am running after Austin on any other day. He was still running around but I could allow him to explore a little more today because the beach wasn't crowded and the waves weren't a danger.
After a little while, he and I walked down the beach and he found some plants growing. He plopped himself down and started looking at the leaves. I sat down in the sand and let him hand me pieces of plants to smell. We sat like that for only a few minutes, but it was just enough time.
Enough time for me realize that I couldn't ask for anything more. I have always wanted a child to share my life with and now I have him. Between diaper changes, feeding, temper tantrums, and all of the other things I have to do on a daily basis, I forget about what really matters.
These small moments are what remind me of that. I have a beautiful son who couldn't be more perfect in my eyes. I thank God for the small moments.

1 comment:

  1. those are the exact moments I live for...they are the perfect moments that stand still forever in our minds. You're a great momma; Austin is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete