Pages

background

Monday, June 28, 2010

Lots to catch you up on!!

Last week we were able to spend a lot of time at the pool and Austin has gone from being very timid to fearless. He loves jumping off the side into the pool. He can go under and hold his breath while doing it. He has even started to kick his feet. Definitely my son, he makes me proud!!
He is also growing up so fast. In the last week, it seems like a lot of things have clicked for him. Every night we ask him to tell Daddy night night and then he and I go to his room to sing a song and go to sleep. He's never done it until this week. He went right up to Phillip, planted a big kiss on him, said "Night Night", grabbed his blankie and "pa" (paci) and went to his room. I sing him his song and when it's over, he takes out his paci to give me a kiss and tell me night night. He acting like a little person who knows what he wants. I love that he is growing into such a sweet and smart boy.
He has learned several new words this week. He says "nana" for banana "sme me" is excuse me (which he says when he coughs, sneezes, or has to walk over you. It so stinkin' sweet). He can say "potty", "oopie", "pee pee", "pee ew" (thanks to the new potty we bought to get him used to the idea). He says "EEEEEW" all the time when something is yuckie. He is also learning the names of the babies I have during the day.
Not only is he learning new words, he is also trying to help with everything from feeding the little babies bottles to wiping up spilled milk. I wish I knew that that would last throughout his teenage years, but I'll take what I can get.

In other news, my half marathon training is going well. Last week, I had a pretty hard run for 6.5 miles. I was so tired after and spent most of the day on the couch. I knew that I needed to make some changes to my diet to improve how I was feeling. I focused on eating more carbs last week and drinking tons of water. To prepare for my long run this past Saturday, Phillip and I ate a great dinner (steak, potatoes, corn, salad, and bread) on Friday. Then I drank Gatorade G-series Prime before my run, Performance (watered down) during my run, and the Recovery after my run. It made such a difference in my run. We actually ran 7.25 miles even though we only planned for 6.8 and not only that, but my recovery time was next to nothing. It made a world of difference. You better believe that I will be following the same routine every week!! I am starting to believe that I can actually do this, and that's a great feeling.

Here are a few pictures because we all know that those are the most important part of any blog post!


After a long day at the pool.

With Daddy

"But I don't want to take a picture, I want to SWIM"

Phillip and I on date night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment